Do you have a wealth of experience within the Cyber Industry?
Do you want to make a profound difference in people’s career paths and lives?
We are currently working on behalf of an undisclosed client based in Central London to support them with their recruitment of a Cyber Apprenticeships Consultant.
Due to the nature of the client, candidates ideally will hold a form of security clearance.
Cybersecurity is one of the most pressing priorities for organisations today but recruiting and retaining the experienced staff needed to navigate the hostile landscape has become increasingly challenging thanks to the ongoing industry skills shortage.
There is a desire to create a Cyber apprenticeship scheme within our client with the aim of bringing approximately 10 apprentices into the organisation by Autumn 2020. To do this the following actions need to be completed, and this role will be to lead on them. A knowledge of HR and/or training processes, as well as ideally apprenticeships would be ideal.
The successful candidate will need to create a clearer more cohesive cyber skills, training and careers pathway and:
- Be responsible for scoping the requirement for Cyber apprentices across the organisation. Assisting internal customers in mapping their requirement but also engaging with other business areas and Cyber invest teams to capture the wider requirement
- Engage with training providers amongst internal customers, including internal and external stakeholders to identify the correct apprenticeship pathway
- Ensure the identified apprenticeship pathway is properly accredited and steps are in place to enable the organisation to reclaim funds from the apprenticeship levy
- Work with the HR department to build a recruitment campaign and ensure that vetting and other HR processes are stood up appropriately
- Create a map of the current cyber frameworks and pathways; including their purpose, the skills they recognise, behaviours they are seeking to encourage and posts that are linked to them
- Align this mapping to the frameworks and skills of our nearest partners
- Work with internal customer to create a simplified model of how we want our cyber roles, skills and training pathways to look
- Once we have identified strategically what a cyber career pathway(s) should look like, work with the internal customers to identify how we could use pay flex and skills payments to reward the acquisition of skills that the business enquires and encourage staff retention without limiting mobility across Cyber roles
Interviews will be held as and when the right applications are received. Those who are interested are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.